Sunday, December 18, 2016

Analog Hobbies Painting Challenge Prep Work

With less than 24 hours to go until the kick off of the painting challenge I thought I would post pictures of my completed prep work.  By the rules of the competition we are allowed to base and prime figures but no painting until 12:01 December 20th.  

This year I am shooting for the moon.  I am aiming for 2500 points which equates to roughly 500 28mm figures.  Its a big stretch for me, as last year I was only able to paint 200 during the challenge period.  That was with a hiatus in the middle of the challenge for terrain boards and other distractions.

There are a couple of reasons I think I can increase my output this year.   I am ready.  As you can see from the pictures I am primed and ready to pain. Most of the troops I am painting are uniformed or have the same basic scheme. Primarily I think I can complete this because I will not be taking time off to build terrain boards.  Just to be sure I get started with the right motivation I am coming off a 2 week painting hiatus.  At 12:01 tomorrow I'll be on those pike blocks like a fat kid on a cheeseburger.












I
 

2 comments:

  1. Bloody Hell that's a lot of troops!!! Good luck in the Challenge, Eric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray,
    Thanks so much. Good Luck to you as well! Its a little false advertising. I only need to paint half of the troops shown to meet the goal. When I started setting them up I couldn't help myself.

    ReplyDelete