Sunday, March 5, 2017

Vorenus and Pullo

My submission for the Character Theme Round is Centurion Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo.  While they are probably best know as the main Characters in HBO's fantastic series called Rome they were actually based on real people.   In Caesars commentary of the Gallic Wars he mentions both as rivals competing for Primus Pilus of one of Quintus Cicero's legions.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching the HBO series and if you haven't read it, read Caesars commentary's.  Hes a master of self promotion and may have actually invented the humble brag. 

The figures are both by Warlord Games.   Really nice figures, clean with dynamic poses. 

Here is Lucius Vorenus



I really like the Titus Pullo figures a dynamic thrusting pose.


 


Here they are side by side.



I really appreciate the character packs Warlord has been developing.   I love their Marcus Crassus figure I painted earlier.   I just wish they would make some different body types.   I dont want all my officers to be Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment