The last week has been a real challenge to stay focused. I have been all over the place painting a little of this and a little of that.
I tried to stay focused and finish off my WWII project. I got a pretty good start working on the last of my Americans. I painted 20 28mm Americans with winter equipment from Warlord Games. I really liked the figures but the castings are a bit brittle and had excess flash. When unpacking them I had three rifle barrels that were bent and covered in heavy casting residue. I managed to break the barrels while cleaning and straightening them. I know Warlord has fantastic customer service but running short on time I didn't want to wait for the replacement so I repaired the figures.
Here are the two squads of American infantry in winter gear.
Here is the group together.
After finished off the first group of WWII Americans I hit a bit of a block. So I jumped back to a little side project I have been working on occasionally. I painted a 24 figure unit of British infantry for the War of Spanish Succession.
The figures are all 28 mm Front Rank. I think Front Rank make some of the nicest figures around. The figures are a bit exaggerated which works well with my painting style. They are on the well fed side of 28mm so they don't always mix well with other manufactures. The unit they are supposed to represent is the Welsh Fusiliers. The flags are speculative as I was unable to find good documentation.
The last bit of painting I was able to complete was to finish out some troops needed for an upcoming game of General d Armee. My Austrian cavalry was under strength so I added some Dragoons and Cuirassier. All the figures are 15mm and from Battle Honors.
Here are the two squadrons of Dragoons
And the two squadrons of Cuirassier
The full group
All total for the week (and change) I was able to paint 44-28mm infantry and 28-15mm cavalry