Monday, March 12, 2018

French Cuirassier and Austrian Aid de Camp

Our local group is taking the plunge into new Napoleonic rules set General d' Armee so I used last week to prepare for our first game. 

The order system of General d' Armee calls for a quite a few more Aide de Camp than I had.  I painted 5-15mm Austrian Aide d Camp.  They are from Battle Honors.  I really enjoyed painting the figures. For older sculpts they nicely detailed. 

Here are the 5 Aide de Camp


I decided to add some punch to my my french forces so I painted up two units of Cuirassier.  The figures are from AB, which is in my book the best 15/18mm figures you can find.   To top it off if you are in the US you get to buy them from Eureka Miniatures USA  which is run by Rob Walter, on of the nicest guys in the hobby.   Amazing figures and outstanding service, what more could you ask for.  (I may be a little biased)

I painted the 3rd Cuirassier which were in Nanouty's division at Wagram. 


I also painted the 12th Cuirassier from Nansouty's division. I really like the yellow collars and appointments,


Here picture of the full group


In total I was able to complete 29-15mm Cavalry for a total of 116 points.  Which I believe will just make my challenge goal of 2500 points.  Whew, that was a close one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment